Monday, February 2, 2009

Just Laugh!

Hello World! I am back! I know it's been a while and all of you have missed me. Okay, maybe my sister and Laura have missed me. But as you can see, I am back, thanks to my wonderful husband who has spent hours cleaning up, fixing up and doing whatever it is you do to get a computer up and running again. Hooray, for computer nerds!
Now that I'm back I just wanted to get off on the right foot and get a little laughter going. You see, this morning while Nestor, Dallen and I were cuddling in bed before taking Dallen to school we had a good belly laugh, all three of us. It was a wonderful way to start the day and one of those moments that only those that were there could appreciate. Not only is it great to laugh, but is there anything better than a five year old laughing with you? It was music to my ears and a joy that leaves my heart full. Then I came to the computer to write my missionaries and I came across a little gem that put a smile on my face and made me laugh again. So if you're having a down day or haven't had a good laugh today, I hope you find these enjoyable and feel better about the rest of you day and go around with a smile from ear to ear. Go ahead, have a good belly laugh. It's the best medicine for the blues.

Alternative Meanings

Arbitrator: A cook that leaves Arby's to work at McDonald's.

Avoidable: What a bullfighter tries to do.

Bernadette: The act of torching your mortgage.

Burglarize: What a crook sees with.

Control: A short, ugly inmate.

Counterfeiters: Workers who put together kitchen cabinets.

Eclipse: What an English barber does for a living.

Eyedropper: A clumsy ophthalmologist.

Heroes: What a guy in a canoe does.

Left Bank: What a robber did when his bag was full of loot.

Misty: How golfers create divots.

Parasites: What you see from the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Pharmacists: A helper on the farm.

Polarize: What penguins see with.

Primate: Removing your spouse from in front of the TV.

Relief: What trees do each spring.

Rubberneck: What you can do to relax your wife.

Seamstress: Describes 250 pounds in a size 6.

Selfish: What the owner of a seafood store does.

Subdued: A guy that works on submarines.

Sudafed: Bring litigation against a government official

6 comments:

Chris and Tina said...

That was a great belly laugher.. Thanks needed that one today.

Laura said...

It took me forever to get the control one. I had to sit and think and think. I didn't get it until I said it out loud. Those were really funny though.

Karen Nelson said...

Those were so fun and original. I had fun trying to figure out just how to say the word to make it go with the meaning. Thanks for sharing and giving me so many chuckles this morning.

Colleen said...

Loved those belly laughs. With what has been happening around here a good smile was exactly what I needed. Your blogs are always so positive--thanks!!!

Terri said...

Yea!! I found your blog. I'm going to search through it but I wanted to share my blog too. www.sparrows4ever.blogspot.com Glad we've found each other again. Terri

Charlissa said...

There were a couple I was just like "huh?" and then after a little more thinking I totally got them and was laughing. thanks for the laughs.