Thursday, January 8, 2009

Welcome to the Sixties

I was talking with my sister, Kim, a while back and she was giving me a hard time because I haven't blogged in such a long time. So I sat down at my beloved computer and tried to think of something interesting to write...I thought about putting pictures up of Christmas festivities, you know, making gingerbread houses, our traditional Christmas eve dinner, the homemade gifts we exchanged this year (By the way, Laura made me a chalkboard calendar for my fridge and I love it). I thought of all these wonderful things, but it seems as if the time is too far gone, and anyway Laura beat me to the punch and has already blogged about all of these things. So if you just click the link to her blog it's all there. So I was still struggling as to what to write about so I went into my picture file and decided what could be more fun than to share will all of you some old family pictures of myself and my two sisters and the wonderful fashion sense that we had...although I think a lot of the styles we can blame on our mom as she was still buying our clothes. So, for your delight, sit back and enjoy some wonderful fashions from the 60's.Here I am with my sister, Kim, don't you just love the stripped pants I'm sporting? There is my mom with her lovely piled up hair....just wish I could of worn my hair like that.Kim and I again, I think this is our Sunday best. As you can see, Kim got all the melinin in the family while I got the milky white skin. Some things never change.It's Kim again, hot little legs she showing there.Remember the Pixie haircut? I try to forget it, what was my mom thinking? I really love the hip orange pants I'm wearing, they go well with the lovely curtains behind us. I still remember that Yogi bear under the tree, it was for my niece, Angie.Here I am with my oldest sister, Karen, we love her dearly but think its time she gives up the cat eye glasses. She's been wearing them for the past 45 years.Every girl wants to pose on top of a car, right? You can see that Kim had to get into the action.Here we are, the three diva's.

5 comments:

Elder Nate Mountain said...

Those pics are great!! Thanks for sharing! ;)

Colleen said...

It was so fun looking at those pictures. Funny, we have some of us girls that look as fashionable. One thing I noticed was that some of those pictures were taken at Grandpa and Grandma Sowerby's home, did you catch that? The fashions may look weird but, oh, how simple were those days.

Laura said...

I have a crush on the sixties. I've noticed most of my favorite movies and people come from that decade!

Heidi said...

These pictures are wonderful!!! I was born in the late sixties so I was a tot in the 70's but I know I had some striped pants like that...AND my mom cut my hair in that SAME hair cut! I looked like a boy for a year! (Oh and I got the milky white skin too...) I can completely relate!

Terri said...

Oh my gosh....I just love this post. I know it's older but I laughed at the pictures because I have some that could be the very same!!! Makes me want to go through my old albums and post away!