Okay, so here's the story. We had a big box that we knew Dallen would enjoy to play with for a while, because we all know how much boys enjoy boxes. He had me draw kitties all over the box so that he could pretend to have a kitty house. He played with it for quite a while and then who comes into the picture....his much older brother, Nathan, who is now 16. Nathan was so excited about the box that it soon became his source of entertainment. He would run around inside the box chasing our dog, Sheila. Dallen was his little box shadow squealing and laughing as they both ran and played box games. For days Nathan played with the box and entertained us all. If we'd know how happy and content a box would keep him we would of gotten him one years ago.
The best part of the story is now to come, one morning I arose from bed and came into my living room and found Nathan sound asleep inside his box. Of course, I had to grab my camera so that I could catch this silly boy in action and to make fun of him for the rest of his life. Who sleeps in a box? Sad to say, we finally had to throw the box away....Nathan wore it to pieces, with a little help from Dallen. So just give a teenage boy a box and he'll be happy!
Nathan getting a little nibble on his box.
Nathan getting ready to jump out of the box at Sheila.
Nathan just never seems to get out of that box!
Yep, he's still inside the box.
Here's our sleeping boy, head, pillows, blankets and all inside the box. He's gets it from his dad's side of the family.
Monday, August 25, 2008
A Boy and a Box
Posted by Karlene at 12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is cute that he slept in the box! It is funny what they play with sometimes. I know what you getting your boys for christmas!
I smell big time black mail!!! It is great that he still is such a good playmate to Dallen.
He looks like he's homeless sleeping in the box! I think it's funny that in all the pictures Dallen (the one who should be in the box) it standing to the side!
I wonder how he could breathe in that box? It makes me have to take several deep breathes for him.
Post a Comment