Monday, July 7, 2008

Say Cheese

Okay, this is a really dorky picture of Dallen & I, but doesn't Nestor look really cute. There's a twinkle in his eye, can you see it? It's because we just bought a new camera and we were playing with it and setting up a delay shot so that we could get everyone in the picture. Nathan was out with some friends so we'll get him into the next one. So once we get the hang of this camera we'll send more pics across cyberspace. Bet you can't wait.
No, I do not have glasses, those are Nestor's reading glasses. I've needed glasses for a LONG time but I'm just too vain to go to the doctor and take care of getting some for myself. Getting old is just coming too quickly....a married daughter with a baby on the way, twins on a mission, arthritis, a hernia operation, middle age bulge, and now the need for glasses. I'm afraid of what will come next. Stay tuned and I'll take you along the road with me to geriatrics.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Cute! Is going to be fun to watch you age with the rest of us sis. Can't wait for more photos to come. You may be the youngest, but I catch a glimp of mom in you once in a while. :)

Laura said...

Ma, I've had glasses since 5th grade...that doesn't make me look old! You actually need to go to the doctor so you can pick out new cute glasses. That's much cooler than wearing dad's glasses so far down your nose that you look like Ms. Claus! There are so many cute and fashionable glasses out there and they're not rediculously priced!

As for the camera...well that's fun and I hope to see more pictures. I love it when daddy gets excited about something. his eyes do sparkle!

Wendy said...

Hello dear friend. Let me come with you when you are ready to pick out glasses. I'll help you pick some out that will make you look very hip or what the kids today would say . . . "slammin'". You'll be surprised. I love the picture!

Cheril Lunt said...

I am glad you got a new camera. Now my expectations have been raised and I expect to see more pictures..

Chris and Tina said...

The picture is priceless. The best pictures are the casual ones...

Colleen said...

I tried glasses for over a year and hated them. Now because of near and far-sightedness and astignatism I have monovision contacts. One eye sees distance and the other for reading. Then I found that I still needed reading glasses so I only wear the one contact for seeing distance. I am much happier. But I too hate getting older. If I kneel down it is a bugger to try to stand up and the memory----what was I saying (ha ha)

Anonymous said...

GRANDMA?!?! Ooops, sorry Aunt Karlene, I accidently mistaken you for some one else. ha ha ha. Just kidding, well kinda... no, not really! Love ya more than chocolate! ;)

Marie said...

Yes we are out in the blogging world. We have 4 children. We had two boys and then two girls. They keep me busy. I just got put in Young Womens about 6 months ago. Next week I get to go to girls camp for the first time since I was in YW. You were a great Leader to me back when I was in there. Thanks for all the work you did for us. I know now how much you put into your calling.