Sunday, April 13, 2008

Life's A Beach!!!!!!

Rain, rain go away, come again some other day.......we weren't sure we'd have a dry trip to the beach with all the rain we were hit with on our way there.....three hours of non-stop, buckets of water. But once we neared Holden Beach, North Carolina, the sun began to shine and we were very hopeful for a glorious time at the beach. It turned out to be just that. We had a few cloudy, cooler days but the end of the week was warmer and sunnier and we had some good play time at the beach. My good buddy, Anne Bradham, owns a beach house and invited us to go with her during spring break. Nestor and the twins weren't able to get off work so I just took Nathan and Dallen and Carrington, a friend of Nathan's. We had a wonderful time and had many new experiences, the best experience was catching and cooking fresh crabs, mmmmm. They were delicious and Dario let me know just how jealous he was that he couldn't eat crabs with us. We caught them right behind Anne's house in a canal, good stuff.
Some of the highlights of the trip were

bike rides,
mini golf,
sand
castles,
sand turtles,
bonfires at night,
evening games,
walks on the beach,
watching the pelicans,
watching the dolphins,

catching frogs,
collecting sea shells,
watching periwinkles bury themselves in the sand,
going to Hermyville to catch hermit crabs,
and a lot of laughter.
It was beautiful and fun and a vacation long needed. I just hope that next time I can take the whole family along.


3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm jealous we couldn't go. It should definitly be a family trip in the future. Where are the pics????

Laura said...

So..now that the pics are up I have to make another comment. Nathan is looking to much like Daddy when he was younger. When I see those pics, it reminds me of the pictures of dad when he was a teenager swimming in the rivers.

Kim said...

Sis, I am so jealous, just isn't fair. We are still going to have to plan a Sister's get away soon. Can't you buy a beach home for us to have our get away???