I just got off the phone with my dear friend, Wendy, who just had her wisdom teeth removed and she shared with me the funny thing that happened to her while she was being prepped for surgery. I thought of telling her my story and then I held my tongue and decided to share it with her and everyone else on my blog; thinking how much fun it must be to work in a hospital with the patients that are just being put to sleep and the funny things that are said. So if any of you are reading this blog and have a funny operation story to tell, share it with us, make us laugh. I'll try and make you laugh with me now.
As you have read on one of my previous blogs I just went in to have a hernia repaired. Before going to the hospital that morning Nestor was in the bathroom getting ready to take me to the hospital when he discovered some shaving cream in the closet that I use on my legs that was scented with wild berries, so he decided to shave with it. We then headed to the hospital and I was in the pre-op room waiting with Nestor with an I.V. in my hand when a couple of nurses came in to give me my medication for sleep. The last thing I remember was talking to the nurse about the medication I was being given and that I didn't feel anxious and so nothing was needed for that, the nurse just smiled and said it worked great with the other medications and that it was too late I'd already been given the medication. That was all I remembered, but Nestor said that as they were getting ready to wheel me out he asked if he could give me a kiss goodbye and came over to kiss me and then I smiled and said "Mmmmmm, your face smells like my legs." The nurse looked at him funny and said "I don't even want to hear about this one."
So go ahead, laugh, after all it is the best medicine.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Drugs Make You Say the Darndest Things
Posted by Karlene at 3:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Haha...it's scary to think about what you might have said when you're being put to sleep!
Loved your story. But it made me laugh and still hurts to laugh. It was worth it. I'm glad you're feeling better.
When Rick went in to see about his acid reflux they put him under and when he was coming out of it he started singing "little bunny foo-foo" and hopping his two fingers across the air bunny fashion. He doesn't remember doing it and we razz him occassionally about it
I was completely nutty when I had my first root canal. I was watching Family Fued and the family competing was named the Aiken family and I thought ... Oh I'm going to be achin' in a minute.
Post a Comment